Happy Monday to all my food fanatics….I know if your Monday’s start off anything like mine by lunch time you are ready to take that hour break and not return to your swanky little desk until the next day.
Having Monday’s as a pivotal part of the week I decided to make your time in the kitchen a meaningful one by keeping your cook time under an hour, making it healthy and inexpensive to prepare.
I call this “A Meatless Monday Fiesta”
Its Enchilada Time
Enchiladas are a traditional cuisine of Mexico and South America. They‘re typically made with chili pepper sauce and various fillings.This version is uses vegetarian chili, there are many other options for meat-free enchilada fillings, including beans and tomatoes.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 tortillas
- 1 (12-ounce) can vegetarian chili
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- cooking spray
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Place tortillas in 1/2 inch of water container with lid. Cover and place in microwave for about 1 minute. You can steam tortillas if you prefer.
- Saute onion in cooking spray in skillet.
- Heat the chili.
- While chilli is warming up grate cheese and place cheese on the end of the corn tortilla then roll tightly. Repeat with all 6 tortillas.
- Layer in 9×13 inch pan then pour chilli on top. Top with cheese and chopped onion.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For the sauce, combine tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Mix and heat.
This is a dish sure to keep you full and make your Monday load a little less stressful. Also, remember since this is a fiesta don’t forget the Sangria.